Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lounging Demon - starting point

I do graphic design and illustration for a living. One of the benefits of this work is that it causes this enormous tension to build up...I start craving to do my own artwork instead of someone else's all the time. Therefore, while files save or upload to FTP, or while I'm otherwise waiting on my slow computer, I vent this tension by scribbling out doodles. On particularly manic days I get doodles that I can imagine as finished pieces...here is one of them:


After scanning, I finished out the bottom of the drawing with my Wacom tablet. (click to enlarge)


I love the concept of a demon-faun chilling on the couch...she's just like anyone else. I'm not sure what her upraised hand is doing. Maybe she's eating something.

I have already completed a rough stage of coloring, but I'm not ready to show it yet...you'll have to wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment